Marine Outboard Engine tubing Solutions
Flexible, Fuel Tubing Products
As leader in the flexible tubing market, Saint-Gobain supplies the Marine Outboard Engine industry with fuel tubing solutions that not only deliver excellent fuel transfer but also complies with all low permeation regulations such as EPA and CARB’s standards of 15g/m2/day.
Marine outboard motor boats use what is commonly referred to as an above-deck fuel system, which is an engine or a number of engines that hang over the back of a boat. These engines utilize both built-in and portable fuel tanks. The engine is powered by gasoline transferred through fuel tubing that is connected at one end to a primer bulb and at the other end to the fuel tank. To start the engine, an operator presses the primer bulb a few times to draw fuel from the tank through the fuel hose so the engine ignites. To achieve the best fuel delivery performance, the fuel hose must be flexible, UV resistant and easy to install for either the OEM or boat owner.
- Proprietary technology to optimize barrier, clarity, and flexibility
- Ethanol compatibility and regulatory compliance
- Application expertise to assist in product selection
- Ability to customize new solutions for ever-changing requirements
- Custom colors & size choices